This chicken tortilla soup was so perfect for dinner this week! I was really in the mood for soup, but also in the mood for anything with cilantro (mmm, cilantro). Lucky me, I also caught a great deal at Walmart on 3 packs of chicken breast, and utilized a lot of what I had on hand. I had an extremely busy week so I opted to just throw everything in the crockpot, and forget about it. No hassle for me, it just cooked all day, and it turned out GREAT. I periodically checked the chicken after an hour or two, and shredded it before combining it with everything else still in the crockpot. From start to finish this meal took me about 10 minutes to prep, and about 5 hours give or take (Who really knows with a crockpot!) on high to cook.
2 large Chicken breasts
2 cans Black beans
2 cups Frozen Corn
3 Cloves of Garlic (mined)
1 (16oz) Can Petite Tomatoes
½ Yellow Onion
2 (16oz) Cans Chicken Broth
2 cups Water
2 tbsp Lime Juice
2 tbsp Chili Powder
2 tbsp Cumin
Cayenne Pepper (If you like spicy!)
Cheddar/ Monterey Jack Cheese
1. Season your chicken breast and place them at the bottom of your crockpot.
2. Add in you diced onions, black beans, corn and petite diced tomatoes.
3. Season your crockpot with salt and pepper.
4. Add in your chicken broth, and water.
5. Occasionally check in on your soup, season your soup to taste.
6. Garnish your finished soup with tortilla strips, cilantro, and cheese.
For more recipes from The Chic Kitchen, check them out here!